Advice needed for quick travel in Rome

My wife and I are going to be cruising Italy in a couple weeks and need some advice regarding travel in Rome. We only have about 8-10
hours in Rome and would like to know the best places to visit and the most efficient ways to go about getting to these locations.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank You!
nydeaner wrote:

See if you can make arrangements before you arrive there to join a guided tour. The one I went on a few years ago took in the Pantheon, the Colosseum, the Servian Walls and the Porta Esquilina, the Piazza Colonna, the Trevi Fountain, the Piazza della Repubblica, the Spanish Steps and St Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican, all in the space of about four hours..
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
nydeaner wrote:> > My wife and I are going to be cruising Italy in a couple weeks and> > need some advice regarding travel in Rome. We only have about 8-10> > hours in Rome and would like to know the best places to visit and the> > most efficient ways to go about getting to these locations.> > > Any advice would be much appreciated.> > See if you can make arrangements before you arrive there to join a guided> tour. The one I went on a few years ago took in the Pantheon, the> Colosseum, the Servian Walls and the Porta Esquilina, the Piazza Colonna,> the Trevi Fountain, the Piazza della Repubblica, the Spanish Steps and St> Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican, all in the space of> about four hours..> > --> Enzo> > I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.We were there for one day last year on the first Disney Cruise of the Me.Guided tour is the way to go, but make sure that the tour provides some time to just shop and/or look around. Lynne and Justin are Jewish, so we sought out the ghetto (yes, that's what it is still called) and the magnificant synagogue.The only disappointment was the Circus Maximus. All that's left is a long, wide, grassy ditch. Our carriage driver (we spent the day on foot until both of mine gave out) said it best when he pointed and said "Big dog walk!".Next time we'll do guided tours and spend a few days. Oh, try to make the veteran's memorial, puts us to shame with the sheer size and grandeur.Bon Voyage,Tom