aircraft dials

Can anyone advise me on how to make aircraft disls on my computer? Specifically, I'm interested in WWII dials for 1/32 scale aircraft. TIA Yauhang

Reply to
yman66

Find some pics online and print them out to scale, either on glossy paper or decal paper.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Depends somewhat on what software you are using. However, you start by drawing a circle. Then adding index marks, then numbers, any legend, and hand(s). You are then done if you need black on white. For white on black, you then 'invert' the colors.

If you use even a cheap cad software package, it is much easier, because you can use what is called a rotational array which accurately places the index marks for you. You then type the numbers every so many index marks.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minneapolis