Airfix 1/72 Concorde engine pod fit?

Hi, all -- I'm making progress with the sizeable beastie that is the new Airfix Concorde, but I'm hoping someone's ahead of me and can help out!

How are the engine pods meant to fit to the lower surface of the wing? They look for all the world as though they should sink into a gap in the lower surface -- there's a curved out lip at the top on one side, and certainly when I hold them in place, the rear portion of the nacelle at the top sits significantly below the level of the top surface of the wing. But there's no recess, and it seems that they just sit on the wing lower surface...

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to carve away a wedge at the top of the pod sidewalls to bring the rear portion up level with the wing upper surface?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!

Best regards, Matt

Reply to
Matt Bacon