airfix vulcan

Anybody think there is a chance Aero-Club will do a re-release of their

1/48 Vulcan?? Back when it was available I didn't have the change, and now that I do?? Tough luck.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Flying Vulcans, yes. I join you in that sentiment.

As far as looking one over close up there is a beautiful example at Castle AFB museum.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Anyone visiting Norwich in the UK will find a little aircraft museum. Small museum but it has a Vulcan on display outside - they used to operate from the nearby airport.

I visited with my family - really cheap to get in but the best was yet to come. For an extra few quid, you get a tour of the Vulcan. This isn't a safe, comfy, cordoned-off, PC gone mad tour, but free range of the aircraft just like the aircrew had. For one you have to get up into the crew compartment using the original aircraft ladders - god its a long way up. You can then sit in each of the crew position while a museum guy tells you all about the aircraft. You can flick switches, turn wheels to your hearts content. Well worth the visit.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

which one is that, tom?

i wrote them a few months back. they replied they were aware there was a high demand but that they had no plans. i really believe that if everyone interested wrote a seperate email, they would reconsider. want me to post thier email address?

Was the AeroClub kit a vac-form? If so, what if those interested pre-paid for it? I mean, what would the production cost be to form a kit, other than the cost of the materials? It's not like they have to go and set up an expensive injection-mold and its equipment....

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Was the "black buck" Vulcan done in standard camo or was it repainted for the particular mission?

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

any possibility you could post ot email me those pictures. that sounds like the ac i want to build. the 617 line up diorama is shaping up in my mind. could whoever posted the 617 ac roster yesterday post it again? i lost it and it seems off my server. thanks guys...i love this group.

it was a vac-form and i've been told sold for $100. i don't know if the pre paid thing would work. i think we should try the individual email reqs first. i will post their email address today.

"Ant Phillips" wrote in message news:eBGEc.708$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.server.ntli.net...

In 1:72-

Avro Lancaster with "Upkeep" bouncing bomb: Airfix special edition

Lancaster: Airfix
Lancaster with "Tallboy" bomb: Frog / Novo or Airfix with Paragon conversion Avro Lancaster with "Grandslam" bomb: Airfix special edition or Airfix with Paragon conversion
Havilland Mosquito FB.VI (borrowed?): Airfix
Havilland Mosquito B.XVI: Matchbox North American P-51D Mustang: Hasegawa, Italeri, Academy, Tamiya, etc. Avro Lincoln: Airfix Lancaster with Paragon or Flightpath conversion
Canberra B.2: Aeroclub conversion with Italeri, Airfix B.6, Airfix B-57 or Novo; High Planes
?FULL=HPM7259EE Canberra B.6: Airfix B.6 or Aeroclub conversion with Italeri, Airfix B.6, Airfix B-57 or Novo; High Planes
Vulcan B.1: Airfix with Flightpath conversion
Vulcan B.2: Airfix
Tornado GR.1: Revell, Hasegawa, Italeri, Airfix
Tornado GR.1B: As above, with Sea Eagle missiles from Airfix Buccaneer Panavia Tornado GR.4: As GR.1 but with Airwaves conversion, or Airfix when it comes:
Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

I stood at Farnborough when I was a lad and felt a Vulcan do an afterburner pull off from a low level run. The nearby Coca Cola stand rattled so much it nearly collapsed. David Pennington snipped-for-privacy@bbbweb.com

Reply to
David Pennington

I live just outside Ipswich. Where is this museum? David Pennington snipped-for-privacy@bbbweb.com

Reply to
David Pennington

No the real fun was at Rome AFB in the summer of '70, and having F 105's doing supersonic passes in front of the crowd. Then it was the F 104's turn, and then the F 4, which as I remember, they did non stop flybys with, seems like the entire time. Watching 30 + B 52's takeoff, one right after the other was pretty cool too :)

Azzz1588

Didnt even know one was ever done in 1/48.

Hmmm.......

What I really wish for is a 1/48, or 1/32 A3J. A5 or RA 5

But then what the hell... I'm still waiting on that 1/72 C 5, with retractable landing gear :)

Azzz1588

FWIW I have heard a rumor that a 1/48 Viggie is being studied by one of the new Chinese entrepreneurs.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

They got Extra Dark Sea Grey undersides. The uppers were left in the regular cam that all Vulcans had by that time.

Reply to
Jeff C

Sorry David- no burners on the big tin bird!!

Cheers Kev

Reply to
KEV OF BBA

Reply to