airfix vulcan

Having an Airfix Vulan is cool but not as cool as the real one I saw landing at the US Airforce runway in Guam in 1969.

Red sunset and a huge dark delta. Almost as cool as in Thunder Ball.

Jim Klein

snipped-for-privacy@veriz>i lucked out and scored one on eekbay for $17

Reply to
West Coast Engineering

I just picked up one that was already built at a local hobby shop that is closing its doors. Its missing some wheels. Does anyone have any spare wheels for this kit?

If so contact me here thunderhead7(at)hotmail.com

Cheers, Stephen Sutton Tucson, AZ

Reply to
Thunderhead

wow, cranberries too? very cool.

yeah, i do miss all the fun.

thanks, i will be most gratefull.

even the 1/72 is pretty impressive. gotta finish a 1/48 walrus for a driend, but the vulcan is next.

Yep, sure can! Now I know why books are such great investments.

All I need is for some old boy to die and for his Argus "Aircraft of the Fighting Powers" books (later editions) to turn up at a car boot sale for a fiver then I'm done for a while.

Richard. (in his dream world)

Reply to
Richard Brooks

XM605.

Full camo, it dwarfs many of the aircraft on display.

Any others on display in the U.S.?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Troublemaker. :-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

where is this museum, tom?

Atwater, CA. Central Valley near Merced.

Check their web site, just Google or whatever Castle Air Force Base Museum.

The aircraft are all displayed in a park-like setting that really helps photographers.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

They used to do a party piece at RAF Waddington shows, a four Vulcan scramble, Nose to tail roll down the runway, sit on the tails and climb vertical in line with after burn on, straight up. The shock waves and noise were fantastic, you could hardly stand upright or breath.

I used to live at Market Rasen on the flight path to Scampton and you could always tell when one was incoming, even before you heard it, the tv picture would start bouncing. I kid you not!

Reply to
David Amos

I realsised that after I posted. It was very late at night here :-) David Pennington snipped-for-privacy@bbbweb.com

Reply to
David Pennington

No offense, but somehow I dont think so. If a Vulcan could ever outfly an F 16, everyone would have bought one by now :)

I did see the Vulcan fly at Trans Po '72, and it was impressive. It did handle, compared to the usuall B 52's But it could never handle with an F 16, never...........

Now watch a B 1 strut it's stuff at low level, corner velocity turns sometime. Besides being the loudest A/C I'ver ever heard at low level (Full AB at this point) It was staying within the confines of the airshow area at Andrews AFB, ie; always within easy eyesight of the crowd. A true fighter like display from a four rngine bomber if there ever was one. The shock diamonds, and noise from those engines, while it stood on a wing and hauled around was a sight to see !

Now a friend I know, tells me stories of B 58's screaming overhead at less than or around 500 AGL while living in Texas, now that would have truely been awsome ! :)

Azzz1588

ok, thanks

Occasionally the Thunderbirds make the Reno Air Races. When they are there they usually have the solo run the Unlimited course in a inute or less.

The real fun is when the solo does the Formula One course in a few seconds.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

"e" wrote in message news:Z%_Ec.7863271$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com...

In 1:72-

Avro Lancaster with "Upkeep" bouncing bomb: Airfix special edition

Lancaster: Airfix
Lancaster with "Tallboy" bomb: Frog / Novo or Airfix with Paragon conversion Avro Lancaster with "Grandslam" bomb: Airfix special edition or Airfix with Paragon conversion
Havilland Mosquito FB.VI (borrowed?): Airfix
Havilland Mosquito B.XVI: Matchbox North American P-51D Mustang: Hasegawa, Italeri, Academy, Tamiya, etc. Avro Lincoln: Airfix Lancaster with Paragon or Flightpath conversion
Canberra B.2: Aeroclub conversion with Italeri, Airfix B.6, Airfix B-57 or Novo; High Planes
?FULL=HPM7259EE Canberra B.6: Airfix B.6 or Aeroclub conversion with Italeri, Airfix B.6, Airfix B-57 or Novo; High Planes
Vulcan B.1: Airfix with Flightpath conversion
Vulcan B.2: Airfix
Tornado GR.1: Revell, Hasegawa, Italeri, Airfix
Tornado GR.1B: As above, with Sea Eagle missiles from Airfix Buccaneer Panavia Tornado GR.4: As GR.1 but with Airwaves conversion, or Airfix when it comes:
Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

On the north side of Norwich Airport, a.k.a. Horsham St. Faith, the other side of the field from the terminal.

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

Thanks, Jeff.

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier