airfix vulcan

Nope its the Vulcan story complete with loads of undiscovered stuff. Unlike other Vulcan books I actually worked on the beast for 9 years and flew in them a few times- and before you ask it was cold and boring except for an engine failure over the Atlantic which meant we limped home on two with engine doors hanging down under the others due to the force of the explosion. Nurse- the screens and some new trousers :-))

Cheers Kev

Reply to
KEV OF BBA

i need a bit more space for this sio, i think.

drool....

What a contrast in production values in such short years! I'd picked up volumes I, II & III fifth impression May 1941 (ragged old looking covers at

12.50 each) and they consist of basic outlines but the singular 1945 (1980 fascimile) edition Volume 6 I have is just beautiful with rivets and everything. Just like the series I got of the Aircraft Archive series also by Argus.

Damn, Duxford! What a wonderfully open-ended place that is! I was there with my mate last year at the southern end where no-one stops you from sitting anywhere you like, even to look inisde the parked aircraft.

I will now plan to go inside to look from your information.

Thanks,

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

cold? no heaters in the big boid? thought the raf learned about loss of crew efficency during the war?

Gonna need a bigger table...

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

Always glad to see a new Vulcan book (at least twelve in the collection so far (two of which I believe you wrote), plus five on the V bombers). But if anyone came out with an authoritative book on the history and aircraft of 617 Sqn I'd jump at it. Their wartime history is fairly well covered (the Paul Brickhill book is a cracking read, but not too detailed and I'm not sure how accurate it is (Paul being interred in Colditz at the time), but I haven't investigated the more recent books on 617's wartime operations), but I've found very little on their Lincoln and Canberra years.

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

bigger flat.

But tables *are* flat! :-p

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

wizze azz

aircraft of 617 Sqn I'd jump at it.

Reply to
KEV OF BBA

Reply to
KEV OF BBA

so you were cargo with cold toes. never seen any good interior seat shots.

TB1 or TB2?

Does Scott or Virgil win?

Reply to
Martin (Please note spammers email address used)

I saw XM655 yesterday!

Reply to
Martin

wwaaaa! how she look?

Been to a customer near the M25, on way back to office came off the M40 at Banbury because I was bored - cut across to Wellsbourne (nice road - lovely scenery and a fun drive)

I knew there was a V Bomber there - as we went path the flying club there it was.

Looked quite good, Darren said "I want to learn to fly that!"

It seems last month it nearly took off.

Search on XM655 - also it is G-VULC

Reply to
Martin