Airwolf Helicopter

They are running the old Airwolf TV Series here on the nostalgia channel. There seems to be several opinions about which Bell Chopper was used (a 222 or a 206). Was there ever a model offered back in the mid 80's?

Reply to
Count DeMoney

i seem to remember the kit but not anything else. did you googlefy it?

Reply to
someone

Count DeMoney wrote:>They are running the old Airwolf TV Series here on the nostalgia

There is reference to a 1/48 AMT on wiki and there is one now posted on ebay.

Reply to
Count DeMoney

good lad! we knew you could do it!

Reply to
someone

Airwolf was a Bell 222 with a few cosmetic changes.

AMT/Ertl released a 1:48 Airwolf model back in 1984, kit #6680. It could be assembled as either Airwolf or a standard 222.

The AMT/Ertl kit instructions say 222B, but Wikipedia says it was a 222 (aka 222A), and even gives the serial number of the specific machine used:

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

It was originally an Esci product and had extra parts to replicate the outside appearance of the TV show chopper. The interior, however, was dead stock civilian. Mine came in a very dark grey plastic.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

FWIW, there had been (till last year) a museum in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee that included among the exhibits a replica of the Airwolf helicopter. It was built using some of the hardware from the TV series mock-up, the rest of the add-on hardware being recreated from official production plans. Unfortunately the museum was in a lousy location and cost too much for me to visit, and it's gone now, being replaced by something else.

I expect Airwolf may be headed to another museum collection or possibly to Star Cars in Gatlinburg.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 {Sig Quotes Removed on Request}

Reply to
Stephen Bierce

I still have my AMT kit (several, in fact). Didn't one of the various Chinese companies do a knock-off recently? And when is someone going to do it in the one and only scale 1/72? :)

Reply to
eyeball