AMPSEast 2008 - September 27th!

AMPSCT, the Connecticut chapter of the Armor Modeling and Preservation Society, is proud to announce AMPSEast 2008. The show will be held Saturday, September 27th, 2008, at the Sheraton Danbury Hotel, 18 Old Ridgebury Rd., Danbury CT. Registration opens at 8:30 AM. This year's theme is "Heavy Metal : The Heavy Tank In History=94. As anyone who has attended a past AMPSEast will attest, the Sheraton Danbury is a first class venue with outstanding amenities. It is also conveniently located one exit from the Danbury Fair Mall and the Military Museum of Southern New England. AMPSEast is the largest armor model show in the Northeast, featuring

80 vendor tables, 4 seminars, and our famous monster raffle along with the AMPS Northeast Regional Model Show And Competition. For you figure modelers, please note! Our Figures Category is OPEN TO ALL ERAS!

The AMPSEast 2008 Seminar Schedule: 1 - 10:00 - Neil Stokes - Modeler's guide to the KV series. 2 - 11:00 - Doc Wiseman - Resin casting start to finish. 3 - 1:00 - Mac Johnston - Essentials of scratchbuilding. 4 - 2:00 - Tom Jentz - Panzers in depth.

For attendees and vendors staying at the Sheraton we are pleased to offer a special show room rate of $95.00 per night. To receive the special rate, please call 1-800-325-3535 and identify yourself as being with AMPSEast. You must make your reservation by September 5th! We have also worked in conjunction with MMSNE and the show weekend will be an "Open Turret Weekend" at the museum featuring re-enactors and allowing you to climb inside all the vehicles at the museum. Saturday at AMPSEast and Sunday at MMSNE would make for the ultimate treadhead's dream weekend! There is also lots to do and plenty of restaurants at the Danbury Fair Mall so it's perfect to bring the family! Don't forget - AMPS 2008 was in Indiana, so AMPSEast 2008 will be the ONLY AMPS show in the Northeast and the biggest AMPS show on the east coast until 2009! Don't miss out! We hope to see you all at AMPSEast 2008! Mark your calendars now! Download the flyer and check the AMPSEast website often for all the latest news! -

The AMPSEast 2008 vendors room is bursting at the seams! 80 tables of the best that the armor modeling hobby has to offer! For one day, the world's best hobby shop is at AMPSEast 2008! Our 2008 scheduled vendors, with more being added soon: =B7 Alpine Miniatures =B7 Ausfwerks =B7 Baseline Models =B7 Boomer's Books =B7 Chesapeake Model Designs =B7 Formations =B7 Olde Depot Hobbies =B7 Panzer Tracts =B7 S&J Hobbies =B7 Tiger Productions =B7 The Marx Man =B7 Relic Golden Amusements =B7 Monroe Perdu Studios =B7 Fan Fu =B7 Time Machine Hobbies =B7 Alpenflage Hobbies =B7 Rare Plane Detective (Armor Collections) =B7 Farina Enterprises

AMPSEast website:

Danbury:
Museum of Southern New England:
Reservations: Matt Toms: snipped-for-privacy@ampseast.org