Amusing listing on eBay

Found this on eBay.co.uk - I have extracted the funny part: ______________

A Quick Note about Packaging

I am a kit builder and frequent eBay user myself and am sometimes left shaking my head at the sad excuses for the packaging of model kits these days.

What is the point of paying decent money for a mint kit if the seller surrenders the model to the Royal Mail in nothing more than a flimsy jiffy bag? You might as well send a soldier into battle in his boxer shorts!

I take packing seriously, and all of the kits I send out come properly encased in stiff cardboard to help prevent denting, bashing, bending, crushing, bruising, or ripping. That said, if the postie decides to jump up and down on top of it in a fit of rage over his meagre wages and crap working conditions, I can hardly be held accountable.

Oh, and to those who have asked in the past, and in an attempt to pre-empt some of the more, shall we say "creative" questions I tend to get (I have a habit of attracting loonies it seems...) here's some fine print: -

(a) it does not come with brushes, paints or glue;

(b) no, I can't pre-paint the parts for you;

(c) it's not built - that's the point of model kits - you have to make them yourself;

and last, but my no means least...

(d) it is a static model, it does NOT fly - please please please don't try to make it do so - it's much too nice a kit for that - I must regrettably disclaim any and all liability for breakage if you decide to drop it off the top of your eight storey council flat just to see if it does...

Good Luck & Thanks for Looking!

Reply to
ArmoFool

never underestimate human stupidity! heinlein

I may have to copy that substantially and add it to my sales! It kind of reminds me why our town lost the last good hobby shop. The owner got darn tired of dealing with the Public. He used to store up silly stories just to tell me when I'd visit. I'd like to say they sounded unlikely but I did time as a salesman in a store so I know better.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller