Any info on a motorized Monogram Indy racer kit from 1959

A Kurtis Kraft racer of 1956, the kit number is PC212M-198. Its on auction & wondered what it is worth, anyone ever build one? Thanks, Jay.

Reply to
JW

I have no idea what it is worth, but I just built one of the non-motorized versions. It is a decent kit. The biggest problem with it is that it uses a "steering wheel and steering front axle". To make it steer properly, the fittings on the spindles are huge, equivalent to about 3 or 4 inch Heim joints. If you file these down to a smaller size it looks fine. The model also needs addition of the left side cockpit upholstery panel and a firewall. But it builds into a reasonably nice KK roadster.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Jay, I did a search and found one at

a Japanese site, they want 23,200 yen for it. Didn't give much information. Found a few non-motorized kits(reissues) & one motorized 1959 indy kit on ebay. Just go to ebay.com & search for KK500C. Den.

Reply to
olden1

Thanks Don & Den for the info, looks like a fun kit to build, I love the looks of the old Indy racers.

Reply to
JW