Anyone ever used Eduard's prepainted seatbelts?

Thinking about picking up a set but wondered how well the lay down on the seat. Eric There is never enough time to do all the nothing you want. Calvin and Hobbs 1990

Reply to
Eric

Eric:

I have used both 1/48 and 1/32 and was happy with both. You have to take some care in bending them to lie in the seat, and they are really not much advantage if you want to do a model with the seat belts hanging out over the sides of the cockpit since the backs are not painted, at least the ones I used didn't have the backs painted.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I've used the !:24 scale racing harness and that was pretty good as well.

here's what they look like

Peter

I´ve tried using the 30´s US Navy pre-painted seatbelts in my Buffalo, but it was very hard keeping the paint without any scratch after all that bending. At the end, I had to paint the thing again anyway.

My conclusion is that the proposition is nice, but in practice does not work very well. Save yourself some money and buy the regular unpainted ones.

Regards,

Ivan

Reply to
Ivan Pliopas