Anyone Recommend a BASIC Albatross kit?

I just like the shape - have no need for a $50 Eduard version filled with resin and PE.

someone must make a simple basic no frills plane in 1/48 ?????

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

Glencoe.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Reply to
Ron Smith

Look at Eduards new series called 'Weekender', the kits are fantastic! An for $10.00 a bargan to boot.

Hawkeye

Reply to
Hawkeye

Good lord Al.... lol... don't scare him off!

--Eduard has a new series of basic kits called "weekender" kits. They are the same styrene as the higher end kits, but with only one decal option, and no photoetch or resin parts. They run in the US$12 range instead of US$25 or more. Great deals!

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Aurora used to have one. I'm not sure if it's related to the Glencoe kit or not. Their Pfalz was supposed to be related to the old Aurora kit.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I think the SMER D-III is still available.

Pretty much no-frills that one. Some accuracy problems but most would not be that evident to anyone but a dedicated Albatros fanatic.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

Best answer is one of the new "weekend Special" Eduard kits, either a D.III or a D.V. Kit includes the basic plastic parts and decals for one aircraft. No photo etch, no masks, nuttin else. Price runs about $10-$12 and some of the discount houses like Roll Models may do lower yet.

Reply to
William H. Shuey

No, a bar of soap is more basic than that... And a Blue Max kit lies somewhere between a Glencoe kit and a bar of soap....lol

-- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

What flavour is it?

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

That's what I want to know, I have a bunch of Albatros kits............

Reply to
Ron Smith

Do you get wafers with 'em?

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

thx much. bought 3 weekend kits from Squadron. now all I need is a free weekend to build them.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

"Enzo Matrix" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

It's bleedin' albatros bleedin' flavor!

Reply to
CortxVortx

CortxVortx smirked:

Fairey Gannet on a stick!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Ron Smith wrote in news:u92dncF4vcsY797YnZ2dnUVZ_q- snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net:

It's bleedin' seabird bleedin' flavour...

Rob

Reply to
AussieRob