Back from Germany

well actually been back 2 weeks, but only just had any money to pay my
internet bill, so been without since i got back
got some bits from a Berlin model shop, mostly for other people, but got
myself a nice resin cockpit for a SU22 2 seater, and actually started
building the kit (i used the fotos of the real plane i saw last visit)
Was a great month trip, the dog enjoyed it too, wish i was still
there...never got to Cz, couldnt afford it, but still a good trip.
I still want to move over to Berlin next year, just need to find a way of
moving the 50 huge storage box's full of unbuilt kits....
Reply to
Jules
yeah looked at that, not cheap...and each co i checked wont let you drive it out of the UK...same goes for a box trailer
cheers, you did sound a bit shocked when i foned you from Berlin ;-)
Reply to
Jules
berlin isn't nearly as much fun as pre-wall. too many easties causing too much crime. (so sez my ex-pat buddy peter whol loves the city.)
Reply to
someone
I prefer Dresden myself, but Berlin is ok, clean, safe...100 times safer and better to live than where i am in the UK...the UK is the pits at the moment, hate it...Germany aint perfect, but i love the East
Reply to
Jules
it breaks my heart that the u.k is having such a tough time. many of my best days were spent in the countryside wandering around cracked and battered pavement and poking in rotting huts. seeing the art and slogans painted during the war by aircrew and finding bits of junk tossed aside made those young guys who fought and died mad that real. hopefully this is temporary and better days will happen. dresden is quite the town. beauticul women, good beer, lots to see and do. but my heart belongs to berlin in the 1960's.
Reply to
someone
Really? Hmm, wanna try Tokyo? :-) They have a few model shops here too, and the women are quite attractive too, some say. LOL
My family is partly in Austria and Germany, and they pretty much say Germany, northen part, beats Austria and south Germany for open-mindedness (notice how the latest Austrian joke has gone down, hehe). I can imagine Dresden would be quite nice, it's a hugely popular destination (as is much of East Germany and other ex-Soviet bloc countries) among Japanese tourists, for the architecture and food, so it must be pretty safe.
Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug
I'm always shocked when I get a call from anyone not conducting a survey or begging for money. ;)
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
So what d'ya wanna do? Survey me or beg for money? ;) I kind of forgot. 'Round election day I get 20-30 taped messages begging me to remember to go and vote for the Republican candidates. This used to be my son's number and he was R-registered so they obviously haven't updated their records in a while. During primaries it's a wasted call but I'm fair game during a general election.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
UK has been getting worse for a long time, cant wait to leave. Watched a good programme on tv last night, the underground and hidden tunnels under Berlin, was great, esp as i have been to the places above..they said even the locals, many didnt know what was under the surface!
Reply to
Jules
Well i hate to fly, i always drive...but i think Tokyo is a bit too far to drive...
Yes i saw 1000's of tourists from Oz and Asia....but the streets were clean and safe....
Even my dog loved it there!
Reply to
Jules
I thought of that last year, also so i could use it for hols around Germany as i like visiting places...trouble is, i was told i couldnt even put my household stuff in, tv, video, hifi, sofabed, washing machine etc as that alone would weigh too much... never mind the amount of huge storage boxes of kits, not inc my 100's of books and mags.....
Reply to
Jules
on 9/6/2007 5:52 AM Jules said the following:
Hmmmm... I guess you don't know about the Roman ruins that are under the streets of London, then? I saw a show on those from that same series about the hidden underground in Berlin.
Reply to
willshak
"willshak" wrote in message >
yep i know about them..next weeks episode is under Paris.....mmmm....
Reply to
Jules
For living or transporting.
If you have a dumping place over there.
You can buy a big old tank of a car (eg Volvo estate) or an old Transit for a few hundred quid. A caravan getting tatty put TV and stuff in back of car.
Sell sofa bed and get something over there.
Two or three trips should do it
Reply to
Martin
I have a big car, a BMW touring est...and a roof rack, but the boxes are so large each (huge storage cardboard boxes) they wont even fit in, and i have 50.....quite surprising how much a big box full of kits weighs....its a 1/4 of the stash i once had, i dont want to sell anymore if i can help it
I big tranny van might do
Reply to
Jules
we have corrupted you with out ways. next you will be seeking more bedrooms and servants, people to do all your maual lablor
Reply to
someone

Site Timeline