Baker-McMillen Cadet II

I've just purchased the Planet resin kit of this glider / sailplane and I notice that there isn't an instrunment panel provided. Realizing that it is a 1930's aircraft I wouldn't expect a full IFR panel but the only thing provided is a little cylinder that fits up under the fuselage and just below the windscreen. This may be a compass? I'd have thought that there would be some type of an air speed indicator and maybe an altimeter. I've googled around and find that there is still one on the US registration list but photos, especially of the cockpit are scarce as hen's teeth.

Would anyone know if the glider had any sort of an instrument panel?

Cheers and thanks. Jim.

Reply to
Jim

Jim,

I would suggest you contact the Planet people at snipped-for-privacy@mpm.cz.

Simon

Reply to
Simon M.

****** Boing! What a neat idea. That avenue of research didn't even knock at my door let alone come in. Great stuff. Thanks - I'll do it.

Cheers - help much appreciated. cheers - Jim.

Reply to
Jim

I would speculate that the cylinder would have a compass and a crude level indicator (ball bearing in a glass tube?), nothing more complicated that would be on a WWI fighter aircraft.

Keith Walker

Reply to
news.verizon.net

***** Thanks Keith. Good thoughts. As previously suggested I've written to Planed and asked about my question. If they reply I'll post it to the group.