Bandai's Enterprise NX-01 - not at HLJ?

A few days ago I found this model listed, as expected, at hlj.com -
but it's no longer there.
Most puzzling.
Reply to
rgb-man
It's still in their database, but its status is now "discontinued", so it'll only show up if you do a search with Availability = All Items:
Reply to
Wayne C. Morris
Oh dear, I hadn't realised that it was discontinued - I was thinking of buying one too. :-(
Can anyone recommend any other stockists please who are just as good as HLJ?
Thanks
Reply to
rgb-man
BTW, so much the better if they're in the UK, but not essential.
Reply to
rgb-man
is it discontinued before its even shown up around here???
Reply to
Eyeball2002308
Hi friends,
We're currently searching for additional supplies of the NX here in Japan, but since we haven't been able to confirm any, and since Bandai has announced no plans at this time for a reissue, we've marked it as "discontinued" on our web site.
Keep watching our pages for information about this. If you see the advertisement for the NX-01 reappear on our top page, you can be sure we've found more stock!
Reply to
Scott T. Hards
Woohoo!
Glad I got mine from you Scott before this happened!
Scott T. Hards wrote:
Reply to
The Model Hobbit
heck I just wanted to see one on the shelves...oh well as long as I dont miss any good airplanes all is well :-)
Reply to
Eyeball2002308
Thanks for the reply Scott. So didn't Bandai think that sales matched their expectations?
Reply to
rgb-man
Same here Scott! Thanks.
I think that price has some part to do with it. They are a bit pricey and The ship in itself is not that widely known outside of the United States. I think Star Trek "Enterprise" is not shown outside the U.S. so that severly narrows the market interest of the kit to mostly U.S. customers. Knowing that and the state of the U.S. economy the way it is a lot of modelers in the U.S. usually balk at paying $60-$70 for a kit like this.
I never saw one of them on any shelf in the U.S. and surprised the members of the local model club when I brought it in as many didn't even know it was out.
I actually hope they do the entire series of ships as I like the "wham-bam - thank - you ma'am" nature of the kits. Unlike the upcoming Polar lights kit of the same, at 24" in length where would most of us put something like this whe it is finished! The size of the Bandai kits are perfect and easy to handle!
rgb-man wrote:
Reply to
The Model Hobbit
I just ordered one from Megahobby.com, it was pricey at $79.95 but they had it.
JR
Reply to
Jerry Ragusa
In Australia, season 2 finished late last year... we should start S3 before long (I'm hoping). It's not treated real well - it's put on late (between 10.30 and 11.30) on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I think it's the best show since the height of the X-Files IMO.
There is a replica that could've influenced the NX-01 from Bandai seen here:-
I would've loved the Bandai 1701 snap but at $130, the wife would've freaked.. If we get the PL NX-01 down under, the $AU is at around $A0.80 form $A0.60 so it might not be so bad from the US. For eg, the PL Seaview is around $AU 50.
Cheers Mitch
Reply to
Mitch
Try eHobbies also:

John R Meloro
I've seen a few here in Montreal (at over C$100). I'm glad I got mine early.
Well, I'll be getting one and so will my girlfriend. Between those and my aircraft (2x XB-70, B-58, B-49, B-35...) We're gonna have an interesting time finding display space ;-)
Dom
Reply to
Dominique Durocher
Thanks Jerry & John. :)
Reply to
rgb-man
Does she have a sister?!!!!!!
: )
Mike (ODO)
Reply to
Mike (ODO)
Yes, but she's more typical :-)
I also forgot her 42" NX-2000 and my 31" Minbari cruiser.
Dom
Reply to
Dominique Durocher
No, they certainly did not.
And now for the good news: We've found more NX-01s and they'll be back in our warehouse in a few days. We're not accepting orders again!
Reply to
Scott T. Hards
This type of thing just happened to me. I went to HLJ looking for the series two Alien Konami trading figures. They were listed as being available in March. I did not order because I was trying to justify the 20.00 plus dollars for shipping. I then decided to bite the bullet a few days later and woosh they are not listed anymore. I managed to find them using one of their site search tools and it says "Order Stop" next to the status. This really sucks because I got the first series from them and know of no other reliable source in which to obtain these from :-( Cheers, Max Bryant
Reply to
Max Bryant
Max, I can't guarentee that they'll have them, but try here because they might.
've gotten a number of collectables through them. Good luck,
The Old Timer