Bandai Zeon Mobile Scout Set - Part of a Series ?

I was told by the sales guy at Berkeley Hardware that this kit is part of a series. that there may be 2-3 other kits. Anyone know about this? Link to them?

thx - Craig

Musicman59

I don't know about series, but if you search "Zeon" on ePay, you'll see at least three other models in this set. I also have the "Platoon Briefing Set" which I HOPE to build into a diorama with the Scout Set. The Briefing set (which includes a hovercraft APC) was reviewed in Fine Scale Modeler back in September or October's issue. It might also be on their website. They should also be available through HobbyLink Japan.

Reply to
The Old Man

Yes ... it's part of Bandai's Universal Century Hard Graph series.

The list of current and out of production models from the series at HLJ ...

I bought the Ramba Ral command set largely because it has a 1/35 scale zeon head for a possible future project.

Reply to
John McGrail

boy, pricey stuff. The tank goes for over $145 !!! what's with the Bandai prices?

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Presumably you're not in the US as the tank is US $100 when I look at it. Not sure why that one is so high. Prices on the others have gone up too.

When I bought the Ramba Ral, it cost me $25. They've got it marked at $34 now.

I'm not sure what's special about the tank to jack it up to $100 US. I don't know that photo etch, cables and clear parts make it worth it.

I think the kits in the U.C. Hard Graph line are generally limited edition kits. Which is why so many of them are out of production now.

Generally, like the Bandai EX series, if I see one I want, I tend to buy them when they come out. If I later I lose interest I sell them on ebay and elsewhere. Sometimes at a loss, sometimes for a profit. But, I buy so few these days (I'm at 146 unfinished kits and I have a hard rule that I can't have more than 150 unfinished kits) that I've missed out on several I wanted.

Reply to
John McGrail