banned models

Imagine the post race interview with a driver that blew a tire..."I was doing good until the rubber broke"...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Mark - you'll love this one. Some local restaurants have a tap room - theres tables like the rest of the place but the bar is located along one wall, and usually a large fireplace - kind of nice. Some of these establishments go back to the revolution (the one in the 1770s - not the sexual revolution in the 1960s). Anyway you can't be seated in this room if someone in the group is below drinking age. They might see the bar and become an alcoholic.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Lol........sounds like my kind of Bar.....!!!

Regards..........Mark

Reply to
Mark Stevens

">

I have a collection of reprints of many of these today. The real joke was that while they stopped a comic that showed some breast, many of the kids fathers had pinup collections hidden in the basement where Mom couldn't find them and the kids usually did. I guess my real point is the whole thing got blown out of proportion. I can still remember one with a moldy skeleton running through the Graveyard at night holding two terrified grave diggers, and another where invaders from space awakened a skeleton army of the dead. Both of which I'd like to re-read today. Sure they were gory and a bit racy - but I'm not sure they did that much harm, and maybe were actually safety valves for some of our fears.

Let's look at real life for a moment. One of my co-workers - a bit older than me tells the story of a new friend coming over after school. His mother tells him - go get two chicken's for dinner before going to play. He goes to the yard - grabs two chickens - chops their heads off and takes him to his mother. The other kid runs home screaming and never plays with him again. Better than any comic I ever read.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

This really sounds like a local policy or store decision.All I can say is it is not happening in South Carolina or Georgia where I go to various hobby shops.

Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott III
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

"jdb" wrote in news:dnu1d.57142$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net:

Must suck to be you and watching your fair haired boy circling in the toilet on the way to oblivion.

Reply to
Gray Ghost
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

ROTFL!!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Never underestimate government's ability to get away with it.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Bill - As another poster uses in his sig, "Never underestimate the power of stupidity." (came from Robert Heinlein via Lazarus Long)

The Old Timer

Well said...

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

AFAIK, scale models in Europe (i.e. race car models) are _already_ "sanitised" when they are made available to the public, with very few exceptions.

-- SNAFU

NOTA: per scrivermi in privato, sostituisci "pvtsnaphoo" con "pvtsnafu" NOTE: if you want to send me e-mail, just replace "pvtsnaphoo" with "pvtsnafu"

Reply to
SNAFU

That's in the top 5 of retarded remarks I've ever seen online. Congratulations.

David Kennesaw, GA

Reply to
jdb

I was just going through my collection of decals and came across a couple of very old after-market sheets of sponser decals, in 1:25 scale. They included Moon Eyes, Iskendarian cams, some kind of Woody Woodpecker with a bent beak, Mobil Gas, Texaco gas, Air Lift shocks, etc. I remember buying them for one of my first AMT 1940 Ford coupes that I bashed into a dirt-track racer. I have no idea who made the sheets, there's no information on the back; but they bring back memories of happy times.

The Old Timer

Apparently, you're overlooking those of us who think this is a stupidass idea. Maybe you'd be interested in a large helping of STFU ...

-- C.R. Krieger Attorney at Law who's built the Marlboro M1 ProCar and the IMSA Miller Mustang ...

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Why? What would you do - *shoot 'em*?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

-- C.R. Krieger (Cleanin' the .12 ga. to go plug some hobby store clerks!)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Never seen it here, either. But then, Wisconsin *is* 'The Beer State'.

Didja know that kids under the legal drinking age *can* legally drink here as long as they're *accompanied by a parent*? Had a consultation with a 17-y-o girl once who got busted in a bar after she went there and started drinking with her mom. They got into an argument and mom got up and left. The cop sitting at the bar thereupon arrested the kid ... True story.

-- C.R. Krieger (Still in culture shock)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger