banned models

I don't think it makes the top five--or even the top ten--for this NG. But then, we have fairly low standards here.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert
Digital_Cowboy

Spoken, IIRC, by Dick the Butcher. An interesting choice of para-quote.

Mark Schynert

Another Attorney, albeit retired

Reply to
Mark Schynert

They could always throw a riot in front of Parliament or climb Buckingham Palace dressed as Batman. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

GG:

Problem is, no one took action to charge the jerk so it is a moot point. He was never convicted of it in court, there for no action from Congress is required.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

I've always seen the woodpecker with a cigar in his mouth--- that would be "Mr. Horsepower" from Clay Smith Cams.....

steve

Reply to
Steve

Had it been in Iambic pentameter, I would have recognized it. For a moment there, I thought you were serious.

-- C.R. Krieger (Not quite buyin' your flimsy excuse ...)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

The UK drinking laws are very strange in allowing different alcohol to be drunk at different ages in different situations. Under 18s can't buy or have alcohol bought for them in a shop but they can have wine with a meal aged (IIRC) 14, have alcohol at home with parents from age 5 and other tricks. Private clubs (local residents clubs, village halls etc) can have kids of any age in view of the bar as long as they don't approach the bar to buy anything, this is often defined as the lino area around the bar itself.

Thankfully UK drinks makers are now stopping the cheap cider 3 litre bottles or putting the prices up to discourage kids from buying a bottle each and getting wasted in the park. AIUI they say it's to 'increase value in the market' but the reality is they're under pressure from the government.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

Oh this had something to do with Kerry. I guess you assumed I was a Kerry supporter. I'm exempt from supporting capitalist politics. So, that's why I thought it was retarded. I was thinking, "what in the world is he talking about a fair-haired boy going down a toilet for?" So, I'll close with the non-Fox News smokescreen view on the matter... Republican = Tyrant/clown. Democrat = Clown/tyrant.

David Kennesaw, GA

Reply to
jdb

"Digital_Cowboy" wrote in news:Xns95668167C2D6nobodynobodycom@24.168.128.74:

Sounds like some dipshit democrat* who doesn't know the meaning of is is. He's splitting hairs. If he's an Officer of the US Navy, he is an officer of the US govt. period.

*No offense to honest, well meaning Democrats, please. I cannot believe that all democrats are represented by this bunch. It is not a good thing that we can't have a reasoned, honest debate becuase your party has been hijacked by mental patients, crooks and other assorted undersiables.
Reply to
Gray Ghost

"jdb" wrote in news:B2l2d.66011$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net:

Cool, sit int the corner and pretend you are better than everyone else. That's very helpful.

Reply to
Gray Ghost
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Never the one to shirk my own research I called Johnny's Toys in Cincinnati OH

513 825 3070 and talked to a clerk in charge of NASCAR type stuff. He said nothing was in a locked case and didn't know of any requirement to do so. So apparently this is not for real. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Seems to me one of this year's candidates for high office is equating being a LT (jg) in the Navy with being POTUS.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Koval

However somewhere out there some dip shit junior congressional aid will come upon this thread - think its a good idea - write a memo to the congressman he works for - and soon it will be law.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Uh, no, you are. This article of the 14th Amendment was clearly meant to cover those who held any position of trust and authority in the Confederacy. A Navy officer, having taken an oath to defend the Constitution, would clearly be covered under this amendment- Also, it is clear grounds for impeachment- Take this hypothetical situation: Imagine a president, lets call him "Nagaer", decides to sell some weapons to a country that is currently at war with us, having in fact declared war against us. Let's call this hypothetical country "Nari" Such a president would be in violation of the 14th amendment, and should be removed from office immediately. Of course, such a hypothetical situation would never happen. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf