Heller is (apparently) alive and well

An IPMSStockholm.org posting this week indicates that Heller has addressed its financial problems and is up and running again. I was encouraged by reading this news but still had some doubts.

That is until yesterday. I heard that Heller had released two new 1/72 kits of the EC-145 helicopter and put in a special order at the local hobby shop. This was over a month ago and after Heller had entered administration. I figured my chances of actually getting them were no better than Brittney & KFed getting back together again. But when I visited the shop yesterday, the clerk said "Oh, your Heller helicopter kits came in today". I was shocked! I ordered both the ADAC and Securite Civile versions of the EC-145 thinking I'd be lucky if I got one of them, but they both showed up. Since the EC-145 is a brand new Heller kit, this seems to confirm that Heller is indeed up and running again.

As for the EC-145 kits, they compare well with the Revell 1/72 EC-145 ADAC kit. Each has its strengths & weaknesses and the ultimate EC-145 could be built using parts from both kits. The extra parts on the Heller sprues hint at additional versions which indeed seem to be scheduled -

It's good to see both that Heller and apparently Airfix have sorted out their financial problems.

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

Well, there is some good news for the start of the new year!! Hallelujah!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Yes Martin... ;-)

Reply to
Flying Frog

And I was encouraged to see the sci-fi Mecha stuff listed at the bottom of their website. Some of these look good enough to build into off-world prospectors or exploration gear. Not really reading French and a bit too lazy this morning to take each description over to Babelfish, does anyone know the scale of these things?

Reply to
The Old Man

Okay, being curious, I translated and found that they're between 1:43 and 1:48 scale. Next question, where can I buy some? Regards, John

Reply to
The Old Man

Reply to
Count DeMoney

You know, I think my wife finally supports my hobby. I told her I wanted to buy a few of these kits and she said..... "go to Heller"...... (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Heller has planned to re-release the Laverda 750 SF/SFC 1/8 motorcycle. I've looked years for this kit; Laverda SFC is the classic motorcycle of my dreams; both the real one and the Heller reproduction; I believe it's one of the most beautiful motos ever built, I'm really, really happy one of my dreams come true... even if in scale. If you ever listen to the sound of a Laverda you may understand me! Pietro

Reply to
Pietro

If they sound like Motto Guzzi's or Ducatti's ,,,,,,,, Had a friend with 3 Guzzi's at one time. Crazy lad. When he fired one of those puppies up, the ground shook. Made the nicest sound going away of any bike I've ever heard. Very different from those wonderfull high piched screaming Japanese crotch rockets. Almost bought a RD-350 many moons ago. They would have been cleaning me off the pavement with a steam hose inside a month but it would have been fun..... WRF

"Nooooooo! Stop me before I build again."

Reply to
rfranklin