Reply to
crw59

Hub Plott III

super. found it at towerhobbies.com

thx again - Craig

Reply to
crw59

Here's a photo of a restored B-10 in the Air Force Museum:

close-up of the nacelle makes it look like fairly bright blue:
Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Finding the color of vintage aircraft can be a real challenge. Some museums do a better job of restoration than others. You cannot always believe what you see in a museum.

Color photographs, especially color photographs printed in books and mags, are an even worse situation. Most color films do not ordinarily do a good job on accurately reproducing color, and the color in a photographic print also depends on the printing paper and process.

It is even worse when a color print, neg, or slide is prepared for printing on a printing press. The printing process can REALLY distort colors. Even with the same prepress operations, the color can vary during the printing run!

So as far as I am concerned, "close" is good enough.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Hi:

Reply to
Bill Shuey

Hi:

The color you are looking for is Light Blue 23, used on aircraft fuselages from about 1932. It was replaced by "True Blue" about 1938. It is shown in a sample in Robert D. Archer's "The Official Monogram U.S. Army Air Service & Air Corps Color Guide". I believe Poly-Scale is the only outfit to ever include the color in their paint line. I haven't seen any comparison the FSW595 standards.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
Bill Shuey

True Blue is available from Xtracolor. A reviewer in Scale Aviation Modeller recommends Humbrol 48 for Light Blue 23 and it looks reasonable to me. I have a tin and will use it for a P26 and Martin B10 in due course unless a more "authentic" alternative turns up.

Gord>> hi - I have the chrome yellow for the wings, but have been unable to

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin