Brass etched figures

I snagged a set of 100 1/350 Naval figures for when I get around to doing my Tamaya USS Enterprise and was wondering how one adheres them to the deck? I don't see where there is a tab of any sort at the feet so I'm assuming the simply butt to the deck, yet if so then one would have a bubble of sorts there from a miniscule drop of CA or whatever other recommended product one uses. So what do you use to attach them?

John

Reply to
John DeBoo

L'arsenal does resin figures in 1/350 scale. These are far superior to etched brass figures. I have both kinds and am not going to use the etched brass unless I absolutely must. Here is their URL so you can see for yourself

Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

The L'Arsenal 1/350 scale figures are available from Pacific Front Hobbies:

In the L'Arsenal section:

|L!Arsenal!Resin!Kits|1/350!Scale!Accessories Part # LA-3525 - $15.

There's simply no point in using PE 1/350 scale figures after seeing the L'Arsenal resin parts. I had a couple of figures with broken appendages, but they were in the bag. No big deal.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Henriquez

Another problem with the etched figures is size. I have a fret from Gold Medal Models and a fret from White Ensign Models, both supposedly in 1350th scale. The GMM figures are about two thirds the size of the WEM figures. The GMM figures are about the same size as L'Arsenal figures. Most of the L'Arsenal and French manufactured ships are in 1/400th scale. So I don't know who's on the money as far as size goes. But, the resin figures are so much better, if you can afford them, get them. You might consider using the etched metal figures inside on the hanger deck if you are going to go that far with your Enterprise. They'd be harder to see and would save you some money without a great sacrifice in quality. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47