Day-glow

Looking at some of the aircraft I wish to modle in the future or have actualy started to a lesser or greater degree I find that I need to use Day-glow paint.

I hapen to have a tin of Humbrol 209 (Fire Orange) which is no longer produced and am looking for suitable alternatives to anable the production of a Day-glow Red or a mixed Red and Orange.

Can anyone advise on a posible sorce within the UK as posting paints from outside dosent happen as far as I know.

Thanks

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

I've seen Day-Glo paint sold in small glass jars in art supply shops but what the actual liquid type is, I don't know ?

I'll ask my mate tonight, the fount of knowledge and who wastes his time in Modelzone, Croydon.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Testors has a set of acrylic fluorescents in the little square glass bottles here in the colonies, aren't they available there too?

Reply to
Disco58

and the day glo orange is the real thing.

Testors paint is very hard to find in the UK. Poly Scale isn't exactly common either. Presumably most retailers have such a wide selection of European ranges to choose from that they can't be bothered with the hassle of importing from outwith the EU. I would imagine there would be tariff issues as well, which would bump the cost up.

John

Reply to
John Walker

The Airfix/Humbrol website still lists 209 as current. If it's hard to find I'm sure Revell or Games Workshop will do something close.

John

Reply to
John Walker

Reply to
JDorsett

While to get the real fluorescent color you NEED the fluorescent dye or pigment, if you CANNOT find it you can do a weathered model. Those dayglo colors weathered VERY rapidly, and lost their fluorescent nature. You can then mix up a combination of red and orange to match the tint. The dayglo red weathered to a rather common medium red, like a chinese red.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota