International Orange or FS 12197

I need to use this color for one of the models I am building. I have a couple of old Revell tins labeled Matt 25 and SM 332. I also have Humbrol 193 and 209. Are any of these colors close enough to use for this or will I have to buy a tin of Xtracolor 104?

Regards

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

Since FS 12197 is a gloss color, the Revell Matt 25 is out. I don't know about the other colors mentioned. Model Master paint has that exact color in a bottle. If you go to the Scale Model Aircraft Kit Review web site at

have a chart for Humbrol paint that cross references FS #s and other manufacturer's paints. Later, Dave Shreeve

Reply to
Dave Shreeve

The information you gave was fantastic, it has helped me a lot even though I was hoping not to have to buy more paint.

Regards

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor