Decals on BMF -- any hints or tips?

Just getting on with my Academy P-47N, which will be finished as "2 Big and

2 Heavy"/"Short Snorter". I was wondering about the decals on the beast. On my BMFs before now, a DC-3 and a B-58, you can see where the carrier film is, more by the change in surface texture than anything else. It's not too bad, and I'll live with it, but is there any way of achieving a similar effect on a BMF as the glosscoat-decal-dullcoat vanishing trick that I use on normal paint jobs? The beast is going together well, and I want to make as good a job of the decalling as possible, especially given the err... je ne sais quoi of the marking's main features ;-)

Best regards, Matt

Reply to
Matt Bacon