Eastern Express

Greetings Friends, I would very much appreciate any info or insight anyone can provide with respect to the merits and caveats on Eastern Express kits in general. Specifically, the EE Consolidated B-24 Liberator--a recent acquisition (gift) in 1:72 scale. I try to stay with 1:48 but, then again how can one gripe when it's a gift. Thanks in advance for your input, it's all good, and appreciated. Cheers, Bruce

Reply to
Bruce W. Apple

Most of the Eastern Express is repops, I think. Certainly a lot of the kits are old Frog molds, and I think the Russian stuff is ex-Toko. One cute thing is that they aded a set of floats to the utterly antiquated Frog Spitfire II (or is it I?) kit; it's worth getting the kit just for the conversion parts. They also contain new decals, which look pretty decent in the Spitfire kit.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Yes most i know for sure are ex Frong, new decals and boxes and many obscure subjects, cant comment on the one you mentioned, never seen it never mind built it but hope you enjoy it.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Something I've noticed but never seen in reviews...many of the decal sheets don't match the markings on the instructions or box.In a few cases they haven't even been for that plane!

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

they did i nice job on the il2.

Hi Bruce.

I can't find the EE B-24 listed on Hannants website and FROG certainly never produced a 1/72nd scale Liberator. You've beaten me on this one!

Sure it isn't the B-17E? If it is then it's the 1976 FROG kit and wasn't bad when it came out, but I haven't seen the EE boxing unwrapped.

John

Reply to
John Walker

"John Walker" wrote in news:jFPmc.10266$ snipped-for-privacy@doctor.cableinet.net:

The Frog part of the Boeing 307 kit is better than the 307 parts. I'm not sure the 2 fuslages are the same length. It looks doable but a cast iron bitch!

And does anyone know where the term "cast iron bitch" comes from. No ex jokes plaese.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

The Marauder is the old Frog kit, fairly accurate but basic. I think it has the earlier style tail gun position than the Airfix kit?

The Airfix Liberator is another oldie, probably has the most moving parts of any 1/72nd scale kit in history!

John

Reply to
John Walker

The Frog Marauder has the same style tail turret as the Airfix. Only the Monogram snapper has a different (earlier) style. My first Marauder was a Frog kit in the Airlines boxing. It's still here but it was also my one experiment with setting a model on fire. It has a lovely 'just crashed' look. Airfix's B-24 dates back to the early '60s, IIRC. Except for the squarish cockpit canopy it wasn't too bad.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Unless my CRS has caught up to me again ISTR that its wing was located *way* too far forward. Talk about aggravating what was already a determined tail-sitter to begin with.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Really? Well, it was a long time ago when last I built one. The picture I posted on abms last fall was taken sometime around 1969. Shortly thereafter the model made the trip to California to one of my cousins. It probably no longer exists if he was as hard on models as I was at his age!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

...making the top turret completely out of position. It was probably a fun kit in the old days but largely inaccurate now. The FROG EE B-26 is a mid production B or C with the clear rear turret. The scoops on the cowlings are not good but other than that it's do-able if you're not contest minded. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper