Ebay in the toilet?

Anyone else having trouble with eBay? I can browse and search but anything requiring an ID (login, bid, Buy it Now, Seeing My Ebay) gives me a "Page cannot be displayed error". PayPal, too. I sent an email to tech support but the response sounds as if they have no idea this is happening.

This is happening on my home and my work machine and these are the only 2 sites affected, all other browsing activity seems OK.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

it's all working for me.

I just logged on to both sites with no problem.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Dans son message précédent, Gray Ghost a écrit :

No problem for me

Reply to
Flying Frog

I had no problems signing on this morning.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

What OS are you using on your computer? Try clearing all your temporary internet files (including ticking the 'all offline content' checkbox). Then check for any software updates/patches. It's probable that those interactive pages are using javascripts, so also check that your security settings haven't been changed to 'high' to disable those scripts running. More info about your system might help if these suggestions don't. Good luck, Chek Change' boos' to 'bos' in address to email directly

"Gray Ghost" wrote in message news:Xns95EE4259CBFWereofftoseethewizrd@216.196.97.136...

Reply to
Chek

grey snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Gray Ghost) wrote in news:Xns95EE4259CBFWereofftoseethewizrd@216.196.97.136:

Thanks everyone. This sucks, though, if everyone else is OK. Anyway I had to redo some of my Norton Internet Security last night and it seems to be working again. But what beats me is having the same exact problem at work.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

" I'm having a similar problem. I updated some security patches in the last few weeks on my machine and not on my wife's. Same exact make and model PCs delivered from Gateway the same day - same OS etc. I get the page cannot be displayed - her computer gets thru. I had it happen trying to order from Squadron today and on other sites. I lowered security to Medium - some come through that were among those I couldn't access. Others are the same. There's a Java upload, and some Northon stuff and a Security upload from mcrosoft - that's the only differences. Hopefully it's a controllable thing I can find and change as opposed to the updated software. We got some new firewall updates at work - Now I get a runtime error on every page I open and get many sites that used to work simply lock up. I'd be interested if you find a fix for your problem - I'll post if I find the other difference.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

ebay's been f***ed since I first looked at it - I never could get the useless pricks to send me an ID that was any use at all. All the emails I sent came back with what seemed to me to be an automated reply - basically it was "We haven't done anything wrong - you must be stupid." So they can get stuffed and miss out on my business. And I know they'll never miss me, but it's the principle of the thing.

RobG sorry for the language, but that's how mad I am

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

"Val Kraut" wrote in news:n0dLd.1930$x% snipped-for-privacy@fe10.lga:

As I said I reinstalled and updated some of Norton Security and it started working again. They did just upgrade the server at work. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Mad-Modeller wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nextline.com:

IE 6.0 all with the most current updates on both machines.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

They're losing out on some fees with me because they dumped my sale of some German models. I noted the ID on one of those sales and contacted him outside the auction. He still wanted the models and I'm selling him a bunch more. Heehee hee!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Are you using Netscape? I can't get anywhere with them that way since the middle of the month. However the IE is working just fine as I posted some stuff for sale today through that. I prefer Netscape but I guess if I want to sell stuff I'm screwed with that.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I've had no problems accessing ewBay on either AOL or IE. Both seem to work fine.

Reply to
Bill Woodier