Equipment in Bow Bulb of Nimitz Class Carrier.

The Old Man wrote:

...daily. O death, where is thy sting?..
--
- Rufus

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Too complicated, too much to break, too much added weight, complexity and cost. Ships are designed to ride on the ragged edge of strength-to-weight as it is. Putting that much weight that far forward is just asking for the ship to hog.
PaPa Peng wrote:
construction in

I think it only looks big because near to everything just shy of north of the hangar deck has yet to be fitted.
--
- Rufus

On 2/6/2012 5:37 AM, PaPa Peng wrote:

In the smaller ships I worked on in the shipyard, it was a sonar dome, with hundreds of transducers. It was water filled when the ship was in the water, & was pressure tested in drydock. It was mostly made of rubber. Of course, this could be something completely different.
--
Dale G Elhardt
Cypress Ca