F-15 Airbrake

Can anyone tell me what the color is for the interior of the F-15 airbrake? Both the moveable portion, and the well that is covers....

Thanks,

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Don as a former F-15CC the underneath color of the speed brake and the speed brake well is the same as the rest of the top of jet with the actuator gloss white HTH

Reply to
Daryl

Many thanks!

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Depends on the when/where of it - initial deliveries of As (and maybe some Cs...so called Air Superiority blue and Air Superiority grey schemes) were white underneath. Then it was realized that flashing your config change to an enemy on your tail by showing him a big white bill board while trying to force an overshoot was sort of anti-tactical...

All F-15Es leaving the factory have had their speed brake undersides painted the same color as the rest of the airframe, AFAIK - FS36118. Most As and Cs that I've seen recently have been repainted such in the field (all Mod Eagle scheme jets) or at Depot.

As always - check photos (if you can find them) for the jet you are modeling.

Reply to
Rufus