f-84G Flaps question

Does anyone knows if the f-84g Thunderjet flaps just rotated down, or did also extended?

I'm detailing a 1/72 Kit and already removed the flaps from the wings. After some extensive search on the internet, I found two pictures of a scrappyard f-84 that shows the wing structure behind the flaps, but I still can't figure out how they worked with just that.

Reply to
Frederico Afonso

It uses a single slotted flap like the P47. The angle setting differs for take off and landing.

Chek

Reply to
Chek

I can't get my hands on a photo of one with flaps down but a drawing suggests that they just dropped down and did not move back. The drawing shows hinges along the break line instead of along the sides of the flaps. HTH.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller