Anybody put together a F-27 Stryker that wasn't RTF?

I am thinking about making my next project a Parkzone F-27, built from parts not an RTF. Anybody done this? I think that I have found all of the parts I will need. What am I missing?

Painted nose PKZ1215 Bare Fuselage PKZ1200 Motor Mount PKZ1241 Elevons PKZ1232 Clevis&Rod PKZ1218 Dbl Side Tape PKZ1214 Hatch Set PKZ1213 Vertical Fins PKZ1220

It looks like these parts can be put together for around $46 plus tax and shipping.

Motor, ESC, Propeller, and servos provided separately. Does that look like a complete plane?

Okay Doug, aka "knows where everything is on the web guy", tell me where the complete kit is on the web probably for 20% less. I know you know... ;-P

Carl

Reply to
Carl / KG6YKL

| Motor, ESC, Propeller, and servos provided separately. Does that look | like a complete plane?

Battery? Your Slow Stick battery probably isn't going to work.

| Okay Doug, aka "knows where everything is on the web guy",

That is NOT what I said! :)

Basically what I said is I know _nothing_, but fake it well enough thanks to being able to look for stuff on the web. CRS syndrome has it's hold on me bad ...

| tell me where the complete kit is on the web probably for 20% less. | I know you know... ;-P

20% less? No. But how about 100% more?

I've got a Projeti. Looks almost identical, but costs about $100 just for the kit. (I got it because I got a really really good deal on the box o' parts from a guy who just lost interest in building it.)

This guy has a few pictures of one on his site --

and google images will find you more.

Now, here's some irony for you. That page I just mentioned? Well, he bought a F-27 Stryker too, because it was similar to his Projeti that he really liked. And he decided to just buy the parts rather than the kit, just like you're doing ...

You may also want to get a more traditional flying wing -- like the Combat Wings XE2. I've got one of those with a brushless motor, and I've had it for several years, but even now, thanks to it's good performance, durability and reasonable ability at soaring, it gets about as much flight time as all my other planes put together.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

My slow stick is using a 3s lipo 2000mAh battery. It is not what I plan on using but it has some juice.

No but every time I am looking for something you end up posting links and examples, etc. I love it.

I just looked. That is exactly what I want to do! It's already been done and documented...bummer. I may still do it. I have a few weeks before I start another project. Need to shorten the honey do list a bit first.

I didn't miss your praise of the XE2. It is on my list as well. One of the guys I fly with has one with a cobalt motor. I need to be a little different, ...maybe.

Sheez, I still need a few successful flights with the slow stick! Good news, I think that I will be able to fly on a 20acre vacant lot next to work. Will make lunch time sorties a breeze. Bummer that these are the best sailing months in San Diego. The wind has been blowing constantly. Funny thing is...I never noticed until I started to build this slow stick.

Carl

Reply to
Carl / KG6YKL

Loads of people; have a look at the threads on RC groups and RC universe

There's a rather active modding community for the Stryker, with stock and scratch builds through 100mph brushless setups to mods like rudders, gear, twin engines.

KC.

Reply to
Dr KC

POP. That was my bubble bursting.