F-8J main gear differences?

Anybody know what the differences are between F8-E and F8-J main gears? I'm
sure they *are* different, but can't find suitably good pictures to make the
comparison. Squadron - Signal Walkaround No.38 isn't helping either.
Reply to
Flakmonkey
The article about the Crusader in Airpower says that with late Es on Vought began using A-7 Corsair II components for the main landing gear. Dunno if this helps you.
Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922
Stephen Bierce
I've come across vague references to "A-7 type" undercarriage on Js, just nothing to say exactly how or why it's "A-7 type".
Reply to
Flakmonkey

Site Timeline