F3F-2 question

I know I should have taped it when I saw it on TV, but does any body know a web site that has a photo of the F3F-2 in the old Errol Flynn and Fred MacMurry movie "Dive Bomber"? I remember it was a beautiful aircraft and I would like to use the AM kit and make of model of this plane. Even tho the plot of the movie was a little weak and had the "Hollywood Touch", the aircraft in it were very inspiring.

Reply to
blueleader

Not actually from the movie but if you do a search on "Grumman F3F-2" on Google images there's several good ones. I have an old 1/72 vac kit I'll get to someday. It's amazing how small the a plane that really was. Allen

Reply to
Allen Epps

web site that has a photo of the F3F-2 in the old Errol Flynn and Fred MacMurry movie "Dive Bomber"?<

I love that movie. I don't believe that there were any special paint schemes just for the movie (ask my wife and she'll tell I'm always wrong), I think that MGM just shot miles of film at North Island. The one on the ground at the end when Fred McMurray bites the dust was a derelict. Ok TMC, this movie needs to be released on DVD!

CB

Jinxx1

Check a.b.m.s. I have posted some screen captures from the movie there for you.

Reply to
Wildcat

Thanks to all for your replies.

Reply to
blueleader

Actually the PT-20 (or 22) was painted as a "RAF" fighter and had a radial engine cowl fitted to the Menasco (inline) engined a/c. Note how the prop hub sticks out about 3/4 of the way up the cowling. Also the rudder gap in one of the close-ups makes me wonder how this thing ever actually flew!

Reply to
Wildcat

engine cowl fitted to the Menasco (inline) engined a/c. Note how the prop hub sticks out about 3/4 of the way up the cowling. Also the rudder gap in one of the close-ups makes me wonder how this thing ever actually flew!<

A gawdaful looking airplane, but my comment was geared towards the F3F that Fred McMurray's character crashes by the Point Loma lighthouse.

CB

Reply to
Jinxx1