Fixing a Decal Mess Up

All,

Hope you can help...I laid down a decal and put solvaset on it...went down nice with the exception of the lower left corner which curled up and dried like that (I didn't catch it). It's about 3 days that way and now I'm either going to have to face it away from public view or fix it. Any ideas? I may have a decal I can replace it with but I don't know how to get the original one off without damaging the paint. I used enamal paint and a slight coat of future.

any suggestions would be appreciated (it's a 1/32nd Hasagawa ME-109E-3...the decal is the starboard cross on the fuselage)...

Thanks!

Paul

Reply to
Scherer

Have you tried sticking the curled up piece back down again? Use a thin mixture of PVA glue and water, applied with a paint brush.

If you do have to remove the decal, just put a piece of masking tape over it and then lift the tape off sharply. The decal should stick to the tape and be lifted off the surface of the model. No doubt the decal will tear and so you'll have to try the procedure a number of times.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

The tape method worked like a champ!! Many thanks! BTW, the corner had curled up and laid back down on top of itself...I may have fat-fingered it and messed it up without knowing it...

Thanks!

Reply to
Scherer

You're very welcome! :-D

Fat-fingeredness is something that all modellers suffer from at one time or another. :-D I'm clumbidextrous - clumsy with both hands!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

More as we age :-( I have always been able to buy more powerful "reading" glasses so I can see things. However, I have reached the stage that I can see parts too small for me to handle. In addition to the "fat fingers" and stiffness, I am starting to get some tremors when I am trying to tweezer small parts into exact positions.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Heck, I don't have to be holding anything for my index finger to start quivering. :(

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller