Future Over SnJ

If I spray Future over a polished SnJ natural metal finish to seal the decals will the look of the finish be dulled? Your experience would be greatly appreciated. Pete

Reply to
thelaws

Nope been there done that.

Rusty White Flagship Models > If I spray Future over a polished SnJ natural metal finish to seal the

Reply to
Rusty White

I've tried a number of sealers over SnJ and the all caused considerable dulling to the finish. For me a light coat of Future caused the finish to go dead flat. I use SnJ where I don't have to decal and leave it truly natural. Where I have to decal I use Alclad II which holds up quite well to a light coat of thinned Metalizer sealer.

J. Bright

Reply to
Jim Bright

If you really need to apply a sealer over your decals, you should try our new Decal Sealer, it won't dull the finish. Future tends to leave an orange peel texture if not applied just right. Just a thought. Hawkeye

Reply to
Hawkeye

If you need to apply a sealer over decals appliedto a SnJ painted surface, you might want to use our new Decal Sealer. This will seal your decals yet not dull the SnJ finish. Part # DSEAL, you can find it in our on-line catalog at

. Hope this helps.

Gerald President, Hawkeye's Hobbies LLC Manufacturer of SnJ Spray Metals

Reply to
Hawkeye