SnJ Spray Metal Users

Are there any SnJ Model Product user here?
If there are you might want to look at this website:
http://www.hawkeyeshobbies.com
I'm looking for some suggestions on product applications for the model railroad hobby. Aluminum tank cars, bronze statues, and roof tops come to mind. Let me hear your ideas.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Hawkeye wrote:

Nice to see that SnJ products have been picked up by another manufacturer. Thare are lots of happy users out there (especially in the model airplane community). But as stated, SnJ can be used wherever look of natural metal is needed.
Peteski
Add pictures here
βœ–

For those of us not in the loop, what is snj? (besides Southern New Jersey)
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 05:38:56 -0400, Big Rich Soprano wrote:

Or a Navy trainer . . .
--
Steve

Add pictures here
βœ–
Steve Caple wrote:

OK, OK Google "snj metal spray" and check out some top results.
Here are some examples: http://www.scaledreams.com/SNJ.HTM http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/nmfcb_2.htm http://72.14.203.104/search?q Κche:hB2RhsvWvIsJ:www.snjmodelproducts.com/rodneystips.htm+snj+metal+spray&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2
SnJ was closing down business and it looks like the line was picked up by: http://hawkeyeshobbies.com/snjmodelproducts/index.htm
Peteski
Add pictures here
βœ–

Oh ok... Got it... Thank you!
Add pictures here
βœ–
Big Rich Soprano wrote:

It's the easiest to use natural metal finish spray paint for hobby applications on the market. All you have to do is airbrush it on in several fine coats to achieve an all nature metal finish. Four colors are currently available...aluminum, copper, bronze and gold. Once applied you have the ability to use the polishing powder (1 for each color) to bring the finish to a higher luster or sheen. There is no priming required on plastics, and seal or clear coating is optional.
Hawkeye
Add pictures here
βœ–
Hawkeye wrote:

Except for not requiring an underlying base coat, how does it differ from AlClad (alclad is transparent, and so requires either a black or grey undercoat to bring out the metal finish)?
Since bronze was mentioned, I find that memorial statues (as opposed to art displays) around these parts (New York) are usually not the bright reddish-brown 'bronze' color as sold by most hobby paint manufacturers, but instead is more a dark dullish brownish color - I find a spray can of Anodized Bronze seems to match this very well (especially if overcoated with a semi-gloss finish); and in addition Anodized Bronze works well as a base for roof top piping/venting, especially if flat-coated and weathered with dark chalks/pastels powders.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I've had great sucess without any undercoats. Just prep the model to ensure it is clean and dust free as possible. Spray on the Spray Metal in several light coats. Soon I will have several photos of kits that are being done of various subjects posted to my site.
As far as statues, I did an old model statue of soldiers, (forget whos kit it was) and used a blending of the bronze, copper and gold. I just used my eye to apply coats of each to get a realistic look. I also highlighted areas with blacks and grays to really make it look worn and real. Buffed some of the high spots to a shine. It is at a local veterans museum, they are building a new facility and it I am told is in storage until the move can occur. I will get pictures of it as soon as I can.
Hawkeye
Add pictures here
βœ–
Thank you all for my education...