future windows

i am not happy with white glue windows so i tried a little x. i make a small frame and dipped it in future. like a bubble blower, it formed around the frame. after 4 dip and drys, it looks like glass. this another time honored method?

How time-honored it is, I don't know, but I've used this technique a few times. However, I prefer to lay clear decal film over tiny window openings at the decaling stage, then Future the whole thing. With care, you can liquid-mask these if you're going to use dull-cote, and then remove the mask material to leave gloss windows.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

You can make windows out of Elmers (aliphatic glue,) Future, Micro Kristal Kleer, and probably lots more. The trick is using a LARGE enough brush. You can even do large windows if you get a round pointed brush, get it wet with your material, rub it around the edges (wise crack filter=on) and pull it out slowly. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

don't like elmers winders.

Agreed ! All of them have curved surface and are thicker around the edges. They just don't look right !

Now Real glass microscope slide cover glass - that looks real ! But a real pain to deal with.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

The trick is to thin the edges of the windows from the inside before using any type of liquid to form the 'glass' panes.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

and how do you cut them?

Very Carefully!

Reply to
Mike G.

big help, wizze guy.

Thanks Al - answers a question I didn't know I had! See, this ng is useful after all.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Yeah. Even if I do let myself get sucked into the political threads.......... ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

tanks