UK Glue Question

Can anyone recommend a brand of glue commonly availlable in the UK that can be used for sticking the transparent cockpit onto plastic models. I've been told that you can't use SuperGlue on transparent pieces but everything I have tried so far fails to stick

Thanks for any help

Microscale Crystal Clear ought to do it

Reply to
Graham Townsend

Superglue will work, but it may fog the canopy. I've heard that this problem can be prevented by coating the canopy with a clear gloss acrylic before gluing, but I haven't tried it myself.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

It could work also with Future coated canopy...

Try regular white glue for wood. It dries a bit longer, but if you mess up something, you can easily get it off by just soaking this part with water. It can also fill gaps between clear parts and the rest of the kit...

Ciao di

Tomislav Martan 9A4Tc

(On-line at last...)

Reply to
Duke Nukem

I tend to use PVA wood glue, or UHU

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

Try Airfix "Clearfix" cement? Specially brewed for canopies!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

In my wisdom I use some super glue to stick windows in a tram I am building after the plastic glue didn't work.

Needless to say the vapour attached itself lightly around the frame of the clear plastic windows.

(No wonder they use this technique to lift fingerprints off glass.)

I don't think I'll be removing it though. If you have ever seen a bus from a large city like the one I am in (B'ham. UK) then you'ld agree that haze (dirt & soot) on the windows looks quite authentic.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Along with the previously reccommended PVA glue you can also use most clear top coats (Kleer, Humbrol, etc.) for sticking your clear parts. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper