glue!

a friend sent me a mini-has f9f that someone had started. how the hell do you get glue over 40% of the surface? this was done by an adult, supposedly an accomplished modeler. looks like a good day to learn rescribing. any tips?

Im afraid its sandpaper and scribing time.

Reply to
TSR2

Sounds like my foray into modeling whilst drunk-never again!

You might try turpentine/spirits for removing the glue; that works on older bonds. If not, get out some 600 grit sandpaper. After you've got the surface right I heartily reccommend the Olfa Plastic cutter blade in either their handle or a #2 X-acto handle. It makes scribing new lines a breeze! Usually available at art supply stores. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

hokay. the glue was easy, the scribing is a little scary. asthma meds make my hand a little shaky. are the panel templates squadron sells a good tool?

Actually, the two best tools...are "el cheapo" things you may already have around the house.

Vacuum-cleaner belts work great for curved surfaces.

"Dymo"-type label-maker stock, is *perfect* for flat surfaces, or surfaces with non-compound curves.

Both of these items are "non-slip" (be it from rubber, or adhesive). Defeating "slippage" is most nerve-wracking part of rescribing.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

yep. i have all that. thanks.

Yes, any of those are usefull for scribing inspection panels, etc. You could also check out an erasure shield as used by draftsmen. Your local art supply store probably has usable stuff like that. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

mylocal art store is 158 miles away! but i will check.

158 miles is not local, at best you could call it regional.

Rick

Reply to
OXMORON1

I understand this idea in the UK but in the US - you are destroying an illusion - grin

David

Reply to
David Pennington

if it helps, i don't leave this county, much less the state.

If you were in LA you wouldn't have to leave town. :Þ

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller