Hawk/Linderberg reissues ???

anyone know about this ? several threads on their kits in the Yahoo Box-Art group (a great group to join to find all that cardboard we tossed away) some rumour about a Hawk/Lindberg label with updated graphics of their kits.

Craig

True, the Graf didn't carry any planes. I believe the good doctor was referring to the Hawk kit, which DID come with 20 P-26 Peashooter fighters, 10 in yellow and 10 in green, IIRC.

Rick exact!

Concerning the Hawk Lindberg Zeppelin re issue a) When issued, the Hawk kit said proudly it was the biggest injection kit either. I have not made the measurements of the Gato and U Boats hull from Revell, Trumpeter 1/350 Nimitz class vessels, but it was indeed for a long time. The kit came with 2 hulls enveloppe whatever you might want to name the Airship ballon structure, in grey plastic, plus in black gondolas, engines, mooring mast, and cardboard to prepart internal struts. believe it or notn the fir was VERY good, compared to the awful vac form reissue .... b) when it was issued (originally) it came with a separate sprue, in yellow orange plastic (mine had no green sprue) , of Boeing pursuit escort planes. They were rather crude, by now standards, (the "wheels" were struts) but they went nicely with the airship. It is of course those ones I refer as "as it should be "in the reissue kit, not parasite fighters with the Graf and Hindenburg. As I said, there are several photos of such planes, and in some cases undefined biplanes, escorting welcoming the airships just as tugs can escort big liners..... (except, of course, we have not the water cascades in such a case...). I stillhave the planes, and a damaged initial kit, plus the W/O planes vac form reissue. The new reissue is said to have batteries to light the gondola/cabin. ...it might be a challeng to fit those nano motors we have in some labs now in the motors.... c) beware, however, there were attempts to have parasite planes with early zeppelins, and the British did try too (may be with the R20. I am not sure)...It is not only a "captain sky and the worlkd of tomorrow", etc... concept..

Reply to
crw59

Here's their website:

Pat