Hawker Hurricane - Drawings Wanted

Hi I plan to build a full-size replica of a Mk1 Hurricane Cockpit, I've got all the tubular framework dimensions etc, but I am trying to find an ACCURATE dimensioned drawing of the Instrument Panel, I've tried all the usual places but drawn a blank, anyone got any suggestions ?

Thanks Keith

Reply to
Keith Lanham

It's a bit off the wall, but there are recycled/old stock aircraft parts dealers that advertise full instrument panels such as for the Spitfire and Hurricane. You could contact one of them and ask for the measurements to check the 'authenticity', maybe? They appear /advertise in magazines such as Flypast or Aeroplane here in the UK. Maybe there are similar dealers where you are. Chek Change' boos' to 'bos' in address to email directly

Reply to
Chek

you could try the department of research and information services at the RAF Museum at hendon.

trevor

Reply to
87015

who owns hawker now?

e, It'll be part of British Aerospace Systems And Groovy Stuff Plc. now. The famous Hawker 'home' site at Kingston is probably now a supermarket - or

*cringe* a local 'Heritage' Centre, and once the original buildings are gone, all the records, original and irreplaceable drawings and artefacts tend to go too. Chek
Reply to
Chek

like the asshole engineering company who bought out phelan and moore and made a point of destroying all the jigs, plans and records. despite people begging to buy them.

[stuff removed]

as i said, try hendon. they are much more likely to be able to help than BAe and frankly have the time to help.

hawker aircraft went bust when they did not get to build things like the P1121 and related projects to [i think ORs 329 and 339] in the mid 1960's. add on the P1154 saga and well just don't get me started.

as i said, try hendon.

trevor

Reply to
87015

Thanks to everyone that helped with this

Regards Keith

Reply to
Keith Lanham