Heller Soyuz / Progress

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew some good references for these space craft, as out of the box they look a little plain. Colour guides also greatly appreciated.

The solar panel decals look pretty sad, so I'll probably paint the panels - or even scratch build some from plasticard. Any hints on painting realistic looking solar panels?

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Brian Francis

Brian,

Ffor research purposes I reccomens Mark Wade's site....

I have been going by his place in all it's deifferent iterations for YEARS... You will fall in love with it. Just keep following the links and remember to take a good sandwich and Tang.

rich

Reply to
Rich

I just finished scratch-building Pioneer 6, a drum-shaped Sixties probe covered by solar cells. I mixed equal amounts of Model Master silver-blue metallic and gloss black, and airbrushed it over the cells. When that dried I gave it an overcoat of clear gloss tinted with blue. To my eyes it looks close to the color and appearance of the cells in the reference photos.

--Bill Thompson

Reply to
William R. Thompson