HELP! - US car colors site?

Hi, folks, I'm sure some time ago there was a link posted hereabouts to a website which had colours for just about every US built car, both bodies and
interiors. Having seen few US autos in the flesh, I'm really going to need this site if I'm going to get back into car modelling - the madness of youth having passed, I'll want to build some stock examples rather than customising everything...
Cheers,
Moramarth
Moramarth wrote the following:

Could it have been this site? http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/default.aspx

Many thanks to both of you - those sites are going to be really useful.
However, ISTR the site previously posted also told you which interiors were keyed to which body colour. Hope I'm not asking too much, I'm greatful for any assistance.
Regards,
Moramarth

I thought so to. There are some copies of pages scanned on my posted site, or there used to be. I'm still trying to figure out what my dad's '57 chevy looked like. There are no color pictures and he (now passed) and his brother remembered it differently. Dad said "Kelly" green, uncle said silver. No guesses on the interior. Probably go with green only because it's easier to paint.

It's weird - it seems when thinking back to the '50s & '60s it's memories and not just the pictures are in monochrome... You can't have too many '57 Chevys - I think I've got about half-a- dozen (all unbuilt bar a screw-together die-cast). I suspect only my latest purchase (a Revell kit) will build as a stock item, as although I have an AMT with more modern tooling it is a mild custom street machine. Another two are customs, and while I have the original AMT (in a Matchbox boxing, moulded in metalic brown plastic!) I suspect this is better fitted to become a wild custom.
Thanks again,
Moramarth

I have a big one. 1/16 I think. Revell, I think. Stored right now. I usually do military but I do have a few cars. Most, of course, are 30s vintage to go with my planes. A Spitfire plot needs a snappy little MG TC to drive around in.
--
Herman Cain for President! http://hermancain.com /
If you don't support him you are a Racist!!
Moramarth wrote the following:

If you need to match interior to exterior colors, you may be able to find individual car colors by Googling. You may not get the name of the color but you can get a reasonable match from the pictures. Enter the year and make of the car in the google search box. When the results list comes up, click on the 'Images' link on the left side of the google screen. Here I have searched for '1957 Ford Fairlane' (my personal favorite owned car), then clicked 'Images' on the left side of the screen. This is a very long link, so I'll just put the short link. http://preview.tinyurl.com/3vxhhvq
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Thanks again - it looks like doing an authentic stock model involves almost as much research as doing a military subject! I really wish manufacturers would include the body colour/interior cross-reference charts in all kits that they do include in a few (and that manufacturers colours had FS codes...)

Cheers,
Moramarth

Maybe looking up a DuPont paint site will give you paint numbers. I don't know what you might cross-reference those with as researching car colours sometimes is very difficult for the restorers. OTOH, '57 Chevys shouldn't be that obscure. Does GM Historical have a website? It might be a lead to follow.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

You might try an auto paint store or other car restorer business. They should have a handle on the original colors, by name at least.
I think it's sorta like German WWII camoflage. The chemical formulations have changed so much over the years that I doubt you'll get 100% authenticity.
I'd worry more about any contrasting colors say on the trim on the rear quarter or if thier was more than one colr on the seats. I've seen pictures where there are clearly 2 colors on the seats, but ya know, dark blue and dove gray are about the best you're gonna do.