HELP WITH BUILDING OUR FIRST MODEL

I have order an Italeri - USS John Stennis 1/720 to build with my 11

1/2 year old grandson. This is the first model that we are building.

I also have ordered nine different colors of paint in ½ ounce bottles that were suggested -- Dark Green, Gunship Gray, Flat Gull Gray, Flat Black, Flat White, Blue Angel Blue, Brass, Red and Orange.

And a tube of Precision Cement 1.15 Oz.

We are going to be away from a major city and might not be able to find a hobby/model shop close by.

Is there anything else that we might want to buy before we leave home?

In addition to responding to the Group, would you please directly send me your to snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
Larry

If you don't already have them, then a minimum set of tools, such as

- a sprue cutter, a small wire cutter will also do the job,

- hobby knife, an X-acto or likewise, with a few blades,

- wet and dry paper,

- paintbrushes,

- thinner for the paint, and to clean the brushes.

Good luck and have fun.

Anders "Larry" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Anders Svennevik

"Anders Svennevik" a écrit dans le message de news: OBwZa.19395$ snipped-for-privacy@newsb.telia.net...

A cheap pair of tweezers to handle all those small parts you'll find on a shipa ; a roll of tape may come in handy too. Good luck and be patient!

Co-webmaster de French Fleet Air Arm

de l'Aviation sur le web

Pierre-Henri Baras

In addition to tools recommended by others, I suggest a very small toolmaker's or jeweler's file (or a set--these can sometimes be found very inexpensively, since they are mass-produced in China). It can be useful for removing small imperfections and mold-release marks from kit parts. If this is unavailable, a nail file or sanding stick might serve. GPO

Reply to
Lafimprov