Help with building material

I'm looking for a corrugated plastic (styrene) board for use as a structure material. I have found one made from polypropylene, but virtually nothing
will stick to it. If someone could provide a name for the stuff, I would appreciate it.
Jeff
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Jeff Stanton wrote:

Google 'evergreen scale models' and 'plastruct'.
--

Wolf

"Don't believe everything you think." (Maxine)
Wolf wrote:

and a bank interested in advancing you a large mortgage!
I've been building a 1:24 scale 20' ISO container with corrugated top and sides - I could have built myself a vac-forming machine for about the same cost as the Plastruct sheets!
Greg.P.
Actually, I'm looking for a 48 x 96" sheet. A couple of local craft stores used to carry it in smaller sizes, but now it's all foam core. I'm looking to build a large, modern factory with the stuff. It will be close to 8 ft long. I could, in a pinch, use smaller pieces and join them, but I need at least a name for the stuff.
Jeff

You seem to be looking for Corrugated plastic. That is the name for it. I have found smaller sheets at Michaels, and other art supply stores. You might also find larger sizes at a sign store. If the one at Michaels is Polypropylene, you can use hot glue to hold the parts together. I made rolling stock drawer dividers from it and it works fine for that.

Wolf spake thus:

Why bother w/Google? Typing in "plastruct.com" gets me right to their website.
--
Any system of knowledge that is capable of listing films in order
of use of the word "fuck" is incapable of writing a good summary

Not everything is as it appears. Going to www.atlas.com takes me to some site that is all about maps. (IMO, it appears to be a less than reputable site hoping to capitolize on the domain name.) Going to www.atlasrr.com takes you to Atlas Model Railroad Co's website.
Puckdropper

Jeff Stanton spake thus:

Depends on whether by "corrugated" you mean with a corrugated layer in the center, as in corrugated paper used for boxes, or corrugated like sheet metal coverings.
If the latter, Plastruct has it: just go to http://plastruct.com/Pages/OnlineCatalog.lasso , type "corrugated" into the "Catalog Description" field, select "Sheet" for the "Product Group", and off you go.
--
Any system of knowledge that is capable of listing films in order
of use of the word "fuck" is incapable of writing a good summary
Your suggestion gets me several types of plastic corrugated siding. Not even close.

Jeff,
You didn't answer David Nebenzahl's question:

If the FORMER, then do a google on "coroplast".
--- Joe
Sorry. Yes, a layer of corrugation with a smooth sheet on the outside, like a piece of cardboard. I HAVE tried coroplast. That's the polypropylene material that nothing will stick to.
Jeff