Help with building material

I'm looking for a corrugated plastic (styrene) board for use as a structure material. I have found one made from polypropylene, but virtually nothing will stick to it. If someone could provide a name for the stuff, I would appreciate it.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Stanton

Google 'evergreen scale models' and 'plastruct'.

Reply to
Wolf

and a bank interested in advancing you a large mortgage!

I've been building a 1:24 scale 20' ISO container with corrugated top and sides - I could have built myself a vac-forming machine for about the same cost as the Plastruct sheets!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Actually, I'm looking for a 48 x 96" sheet. A couple of local craft stores used to carry it in smaller sizes, but now it's all foam core. I'm looking to build a large, modern factory with the stuff. It will be close to 8 ft long. I could, in a pinch, use smaller pieces and join them, but I need at least a name for the stuff.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Stanton

You seem to be looking for Corrugated plastic. That is the name for it. I have found smaller sheets at Michaels, and other art supply stores. You might also find larger sizes at a sign store. If the one at Michaels is Polypropylene, you can use hot glue to hold the parts together. I made rolling stock drawer dividers from it and it works fine for that.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

Wolf spake thus:

Why bother w/Google? Typing in "plastruct.com" gets me right to their website.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Jeff Stanton spake thus:

Depends on whether by "corrugated" you mean with a corrugated layer in the center, as in corrugated paper used for boxes, or corrugated like sheet metal coverings.

If the latter, Plastruct has it: just go to

type "corrugated" into the "Catalog Description" field, select "Sheet" for the "Product Group", and off you go.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:464b8774$0$30617 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.adtechcomputers.com:

Not everything is as it appears. Going to

takes me to some site that is all about maps. (IMO, it appears to be a less than reputable site hoping to capitolize on the domain name.) Going to
takes you to Atlas Model Railroad Co's website.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Your suggestion gets me several types of plastic corrugated siding. Not even close.

Reply to
Jeff Stanton

Jeff,

You didn't answer David Nebenzahl's question:

If the FORMER, then do a google on "coroplast".

--- Joe

Reply to
Joe

Sorry. Yes, a layer of corrugation with a smooth sheet on the outside, like a piece of cardboard. I HAVE tried coroplast. That's the polypropylene material that nothing will stick to.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Stanton