history channel

they ran the whole revolution series today and it was ok. they got about 90% right which is above average for them. oddly, most of the 10% were errors about washington.

Reply to
someone

I saw the original of this painting:

shouldn't break out in laughter in a art gallery. :-D

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

not woods funniest, but a good one.

Reply to
someone

They alway find some guy who looks like he's wearing wooden clothes to play GW. I liked Jeff Daniels' take on him--always the calmest man in the room.

Reply to
tomcervo

I always liked Gore Vidal's observation that when you are the tallest person in the room, and wearing a full military officer's uniform, people tend to pick you to command things. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

I'm sure GW knew that when he wore one to the Continental Congress. I rather liked Barry Bostwick's Washington and I really liked Sally Fairfax. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller