Hobbycraft M1 A1 Abrams kit any good?

Hi there.

I have no idea if the Hobbycraft M1A1 Abrams kit is a new molding or if it is a rebox of, say the original Tamiya M1A1 kit. Can any of you tell me if the Hobbycraft M1A1 Abrams is a decent kit? I'm not looking for a perfectly accurate model - just something that is reasonably close -- and the Hobbycraft kit is very inexpensive.

Thanks and cheers from Peter

Reply to
Master Gunner

Hobbycraft kits are reboxes, but not Tamiya. Most, like the Abrams, are Trumpeter products. The Trumpeter Abrams is okay, but not as good as the Dragon kit.

Reply to
Gerald Owens

Hi there.

Gerald is usually right but from what I recall this is a really bad kit and not the current Trumpeter M1A1 kits which are not bad. It is better than the Hobbycraft repop of the lousy copy of the T-72M1 from Trumpeter they did release though.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne