How do I attach cast metal parts to plastic / cast metal?

All,

I am working with a Flight Path PE conversion set for the Revell 1/32 Tornado. This is my first venture into PE.

I have been using CA to attach the PE to the plastic. The cast ejector seat and rail headbox is metal, and needs to be attached to plastic. Furthermore, there are some metal to metal attachments to be made. What is the best way to attach these parts? CA again? Soldering? Another technique?

Thanks in advance,

D.

Reply to
Dingo

I think I'd stick with CA for attaching your cast metal parts. Especially to the metal-to-plastic bonds. I guess you could get away with soldering metal-to-metal, but I'm not all that sure about the melting point(s) of the cast metal bits vs. solder. Just my $.02.

Reply to
Don McIntyre

CA. But clean the metal parts first with a strong solvent. Also, sometimes a scuffing of the gluing surface with sandpaper helps adhesion.

If the CA will not hold, epoxy is the back-up.

Soldering low temp casting alloys is real chancy. For some alloys the melting temp is too close to the melting temp of solder.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota