How do you glue etched metal and plastic.

Hi

Maybe a silly question. Since I don't want to ruin a good kit and a etched detailing kit too. What type of glue shoul I go for to glue the metal to the plastic. There are really small parts, so I'm not that fond of epoxy. Superglue is an alternative, but I'm not happy with it either. So the big question is, what glue shoul I go for. Or put an other way: What are you guys using?

Btw. the plastic kit is Italeri and metal is from Eduard.

TIA Uffe

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

ca does work best. but you can use future for really small parts.

Clear enamel or acrylic paint should work just fine, or even whatever paint you used on the area to which you're attaching the parts.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

"e" skrev i en meddelelse news:zlIbc.12260192$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com...

What is future? Never heard of it before.

TIA Uffe

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

"Uffe Bærentsen" schreef in bericht news:40701b5f$0$147$ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk...

Future is a kind of floor-wax, I haven't been able to figure out what to look for in the markets here in the Netherlands as well...

As to fixing etched parts to plastic, I've used to use very thin liquid plastic glue, like the kind of Tamiya, to put a little bit of glue on the spot, wait for it to soften the plastic, put the etched part in the plastic, and then fix it with CD-glue.

Works fine. Larger PE can be fixed with tweezers and a little piece of copper wire to runs CA along the joint using capilary action.

The horror starts when the PE consists of multiple parts... Aber's Panther front fenders for instance...........

Reply to
Herbert Ackermans

"> Future is a kind of floor-wax, I haven't been able to figure out what to

I think you should look for a product called Johnson's Klir or something like that.

Reply to
Vodnik