How do you display all your completed models?

Now...now....let's get "real" here. Absolutely *no* *one* I know, has finished more models, with good results, over the past 20 years...than...

...*YOU*!

The *only* exception, is our big buddy in Moscow Mills, MO...but he is in a super-human category, when it concerns modeling productivity.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Sorry, Rob! I must have confused you with someone else. Yep, Phantoms would possibly be out of character unless they were going home after an airshow. I have some tape shot at Toronto that includes a takeoff by an F-111 in amongst the airliners coming and going.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I display my kits in all of the above. I have a small display case for some of my smaller figure kits and built some long shelves that run along a couple of walls. I also have some displayed in my office at work, along with a sign - "Please Don't Touch the Models" some people have no clue... My best display is on the internet, I have a lot of my kits on my web site and the best part is people can look without touching...

I really need to take some new pictures of some of the older kits since my picture taking abilities have improved over the years. Some of them are really bad and you cant see the detail. As I finish kits, the first thing I do is photograph them, then I usually see something in the picture that needs to be fixed - fix it - then take another picture. The next step is to display it and then put a pic on the web site. Anyone else have a gallery of there collection on a web site? I really enjoy looking at other peoples work.

-Dave

Reply to
dbpbandit

No problem, must admit to getting a bit of a giggle out of it :-)

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

I have two identical display cases set up side by side at the moment down in the basement family room. One contains a couple of my military uniform collection items and the other holds some of my models. To see a picture of the case, click on the link below, then scan to the bottom of the page for a picture of the display case.

Bill Woodier

Well, I store all my (mostly 1/48 aircraft) models in display cases standing around everywhere in my appartement. I have three in the living room, 4 in the bedroom and one here in my little 'office'. As there is no wife that might complain I am free to have as much as I want, limited only by space. I am quite concerned about my finished models because in the earlier years I had them displayed on open shelves and that allowed only a very limited lifespan - the main enemies being dust and nicotin stain.

I once tried to give a relatively large number of 1/35 armor models to the Panzermuseum at Munster. That correspondence lasted some years as they were really interested but finally never had the space to accomodate them. By now they are all sold via ebay and were quite a success. Not so with my aircraft models - I would never give them away except for some of the older ones if the opportunity arises (gift or sthg like that) One of them display cases is filled with over 20 F-4 Phantoms, it is never opened and the door gaps are sealed with tape. Long term storage. I cannot even think of giving them away, impossible. Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

What's a completed model?

Craig

Reply to
crw59

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote in news:1126045395.721856.116330 @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

With you there Craig.

RobG

Reply to
RobG

Now you have me wondering what happens to them after you're gone. Have you made any arrangements for their disposition?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Good question - not yet....in general I do not care what happens when I' m gone, but in this case...hmmm... I should think of some friends....or enemies as well :-)

Reply to
Ingo

when I have given up on a model I give it to my kids to destroy.

They place it on a batting tee and swing away. Lots of fun actually.

Craig

Reply to
crw59