Humorous XB-70 site

If you want some ideas on what to do with those old AMT kits, or just want a good laugh, check out:

Tony

Excellent find Tony - thanks. Love that Thunderbird B-70 team idea - on zip fuel! Chek

Reply to
Chek

I have an artist's rendering showing the B-70 carrying an X-15 (delta winged variant) on its back. The X-15 was to have been launched from the B-70. I don't know if it could have lugged a Shuttle, but the design workup is very similar for the B-70.

The Old Timer

What about Air Force One? Shouldn't the Prez travel in style?? Tom Dougherty ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com)

Reply to
Ives100

Where are the Top Gun "adversary", air refueling tanker, fire retardant tanker, "Spooky" gunship, navalized carrier-borne, and Wild Weasel versions? :-)

Reply to
Guy N. LaFrance

I have seen an artist's rendering showing the XB-70 carrying an X-20 Dyna Soar underneath the engine pod in a special fairing.

Reply to
m.gary.kroman

Love the B-70 AWACS, but the Rotodome looks a little to big. The Rotodome is only 30 feet in diameter. I have a artist's rendering of a 747 AWACS, the Rotodome looks to be about

30 feet in diameter and looks small on it.

Gary

Reply to
m.gary.kroman

would love to see one with floats, or with a tail hook for carrier landings

Craig

Reply to
who me?